Honey and cinnamon have served as home remedies for centuries due to their antimicrobial properties. Honey itself produces an enzyme that is able to produce hydrogen peroxide. Cinnamon has both antioxidants and essential oils that have antimicrobial properties:
1. Make a paste by mixing olive oil, 1 tablespoon of Manuka honey and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Apply and massage on the scalp and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash off and repeat it for 3-4 times a week.
2. Mix one tablespoon honey with one small glass of brandy or vodka and onion juice; rub mixture into the scalp every night, cover with a cap and shampoo in the morning.
3. Combine 1/4 cup of onion juice with one tablespoon of raw honey, and then massage the scalp with the mixture every night.
4. Massage into the scalp and hair honey with egg yolk. Leave for a 1/2 hour, then wash. This is a common natural cure for dull and dry hair.
While honey is great for the hair, it is also beneficial for the skin. Because it is both a humectant (draws moisture) and an anti-inflammatory agent, honey can help nourish the face (this means pimple-free skin!):
Pumpkin Honey Mask
- 4 tablespoons of peeled pumpkin
- 4 teaspoons of corn flour
- 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel
- 2 teaspoons of mashed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon of green tea
- ½ teaspoon of sunflower oil
Prepare green tea and let it rest a bit. While that is cooling down, combine pineapple, honey, pumpkin, and aloe gel. Add to that sunflower oil and then green tea. Mix well.
Apply the mix on the face and neck and leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pad dry. This amount is enough for 4 applications. Keep it in a glass jar, tightly closed and refrigerated. It is not to be used after 2 weeks.
Hawaii Face Mask
- ½ of ripe papaya
- ½ cup of fresh pineapple
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of green tea.
Put green tea in boiling water and let it rest a bit. Peel the papaya and remove the seeds. Mix papaya and peeled pineapple in a blender or food processor until the mass is consistent. Pour everything in a bowl and add honey and green tea.
Apply the mask on clean face (you could use a facial steam to remove impurities). Apply the mask on the face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse the face with warm water and pat dry.
This mask can be used within a week, simply keep it in a glass jar, tightly closed and refrigerated.
Oily Skin Honey Parsley Mask
- 4 teaspoon of honey
- ¼ of a cup of chopped parsley.
Combine the two and apply on the face. This recipe yields one application.
Anti aging Honey Mask
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of glycerin or vegetable oil.
Combine all the ingredients and apply on the face. It should stay on the face for at least 30 minutes, the longer the better. Rinse off with warm water.
Relaxing Honey Mask
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- Oatmeal or wheat
Combine honey and sour cream. Add oatmeal or wheat until the mass thickens. Apply it on the face and neck and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
Honey hair loss remedies:
Honey for the skin: